The last of my theory papers is hopefully done. There’s a 50-50 chance I’ll never write a VTU theory exam again. One hopes, that’s all. That’s 4 miserable, fucked up years, wasted almost completely. Nothing much learnt, the very deepest depths of stagnation. There’s bacteria living off the fungus that lives on the cesspit that was the last 4 years.

For the first time in 6 years or so, I was up until 2:15 a.m. By the time I was done, I was beyond the point of sleep. There’s no hope of coherent thought, let alone productivity, but I’d done half the syllabus, and that’s supposedly enough to make it. We’ll just have to wait for the vidence to come in.

My book reading is kind of on hold, what with me generally being busy. That’s not a good thing. I shall make it a point to read more. Book reading is a lot worse than TV and computers as far as addiction-value goes. I’m hooked, gimme more.

I’ve a lot of catching up to do with people I’ve not met in ages. That’s what I plan for the weekend ahead. And the days that follow too. There’s much to be done, including project work. I expect the workload will be light then, and only loose ends need to be tied.

I need to wait for IITs Kharagpur and Madras to publish their second lists, before making the final decision of Job vs. Higher Studies. I’m leaning towards Higher Studies if one of the IITs work out, I guess. Particularly Madras. ‘Cept the chances are so pathetically low, I’m already gearing up for some serious hard work at work.

I’m emergeing Bochs now, as suggested by . This is for the new OS I’m planning to create. We’re going to name it OFC (or OFCNS) after subjects we got way too close in.

It’s really weird to have you mood linked with another person (at least when I know said person’s mood). Really weird. But I’m in a good mood now. :-)

Comments
Harvey Specter
Posted at 9:41 am June 2, 2004
prikansaritual
Author

Try running the freedos image. if you have a win95 cd, you can install and run it on bochs with the freedos image.

How can a telecom dope get a decent cs gate score without studying too much?

Harvey Specter
Posted at 5:33 pm June 2, 2004
Anonymous
Author

This was originally posted on a boring clown’s blog… this character never responded… I just cant let something as valuable as this just fritter away:

mozzarella cheese numerical apperture intentional obfuscation feline farts spartan warriors abandoned warehouses penile infection ray of light where is lisa?? linus torvalds is a Soviet Hacker peking ducks at foo bar free Tibet panama canal Bob Dylan hey Mr Tambourine Man Bob Marley cuban missile crisis juvenile detention Richard M Stallman mass extinction suicidal maniacs MIT Nat Friedman

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:36 pm June 2, 2004
louiswu
Author

Just got it to compile – had to disable Unicode support in wxGTK for it.

GATE’s not that tough for a CS graduate. For a non-CS guy, it might take 6 months. It’s not that the course material is that much – it’s not. It’s kind of this frame of mind that you need to get into.

For you, it’ll be a snap. Trust me.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 6:37 pm June 2, 2004
louiswu
Author

Extend that, make it rhyme, and we’ll call it “We Started The Fire, Nyahnyah!”

Harvey Specter
Posted at 3:27 pm June 3, 2004
gotjanx
Author

fucked up years, wasted almost completely. Nothing much learnt A friend of mine, in his rare Solomon moments would say — there is nothing you learn in engineering, except how to beat deadlines, work under pressure. True, 6 months studies crammed into 15 days of prep. leave :D

From what I know : unless you are extremely academic, its very difficult to adjust to student life once you have gotten used to easy money (read job)

I’m emergeing emerge — such masochistic tendencies shakes head :D

Harvey Specter
Posted at 7:24 pm June 3, 2004
louiswu
Author

Grin

15 days! I’ve not put in 15 days into the last 4 semesters. Really. :)

I’m not extremely academic, but I find college a helluva lot more fun than work. Even though work is quite good.

Harvey Specter
Posted at 8:17 pm June 3, 2004
gotjanx
Author

15 days! I’ve not put in 15 days into the last 4 semesters. Really You are so ready for work :d

but I find college a helluva lot more fun than work. Huge diff between undergrad n grad. But then I went the GRE way, school work + assistantship work wasn’t a party.

Can you actually touch your nose with your tongue ? You are gonna make some woman happy ? LOL :D

Harvey Specter
Posted at 2:53 am June 4, 2004
louiswu
Author

Well, I’ll be doing at some time anyway. But looks like I’m going to be working.

What can I saY? It’s a gift. >:)

Harvey Specter